Colonic Hydrotherapy is a warm internal bath, which cleanses the colon of accumulated toxic waste matter providing many detoxifying health benefits.
If your body gets overloaded with toxins you can become prone to ill health. Having a colonic treatment may help your body in removing these toxins which may assist and/or benefit many primary and secondary health issues. The health benefits of detoxifying your system in this way may include –
- Improved metabolism
- Reduced bloating
- Improved food transit time
- Fewer headaches
- Improved immune system
- Healthier skin & hair
- Elimination of undigested food
- Exercises the colon
A series of colonic treatments are normally recommended – initially 2 should be considered and ideally they would be as close together as possible to enable good detoxification to be achieved.
Prior to your initial consultation with us, please download and print our Colonic Hydrotherapy Questionnaire.
The colon, large intestine or bowel is situated in the abdomen and forms the last part of the digestive tract. An extremely important organ in its own right, it carries out a number of vital functions including the completion of the digestive process involving absorption of water soluble nutrients as well as the synthesis of certain vitamins.
The colon is a major part of the excretory system, and is responsible for eliminating food and other body wastes, as well as protecting us from infection and disease. In a normal functioning colon, all this is achieved with the help of billions of friendly bacteria which inhabit the colon and make up some 70% of the dry weight of our faecal waste.
However, the delicate balance of this internal ecosystem can very easily be disturbed by a number of factors including stress, pollution, poor food and drink choices, certain drugs, smoking and exposure to toxic substances.
The results of this imbalance may be seen as follows:
- The healthy transit time of food through our bodies is less than 24 hours.
- On average in the U.K. it is now 60 hours for men and 70 hours for women.
- The United Kingdom is the most constipated nation in the world.
- The U.K. has the highest incidence of bowel cancer in the world with 20,000 new cases per year.
- One in three people consulting G.P.’s have a bowel problem.
- Bowel disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticulitis and yeast infections (Candida) are now widespread
The repercussions of a toxic bowel may be seen throughout the body system in a wide range of health problems, and in the general malaise affecting so many in our society.
Take your first steps of change call us on 01483 370123 or email us here today.