Hypnotherapy works with the subconscious and so can help with many conditions from fears, phobias, anxiety attacks to stress and insomnia, along with being helpful in the treatment of headaches and irritable bowel problems. Hypnotherapy is also used to help those wanting to lose weight or give up smoking.
How Hypnotherapy works
Forget those TV shows where people have supposedly been hypnotised to dance with a broom or remove their clothes – that is just not the way it works at all!
Hypnotherapy works with your subconscious because it is here that many of our fears, phobias or anxieties stem from. None of us was born with a fear of dogs or a fear of flying – that is a learnt behaviour either from our parents or peers or an experience that has happened to us that has had a significant effect on us. It is here in our subconscious that that fear has lodged and via hypnotherapy, we can help to remove it.
Everything about you begins first as a thought, this then produces an action. When you change the thought, you change the action.
Hypnotherapy introduces suggestions while you’re in a relaxed and receptive state. Usually only light trances are induced and you remain aware of your surroundings. The aim is to help you to gain control over mental or physical processes.
Hypnotherapy is often used to help overcome anxiety, insomnia, stress, panic attacks, phobias, addictions and as an aid to weight loss. It can also help to treat pain, headaches and irritable bowel problems.
Hypnosis is a state of consciousness you enter and leave naturally throughout the day. It feels very much like day dreaming – the state between sleeping and waking. During these periods you are in a relaxed state and more open to suggestion. Your relaxation gives you access to your subconscious mind. Hypnotherapy makes use of this natural ability by inducing this “hypnotic” state to enable healing and/or changes to be made on a subconscious level.
- Have you ever been so focused on a movie that you haven’t heard someone call your name?
- Have you ever driven somewhere and not remembered the journey on arrival?
- Have you ever watched tv and stared at the screen not really paying attention?
These are all examples of being in a hypnotic state.
- Hypnosis works in many ways to build self – confidence.
- Uncovers the reasons for the absence of self – confidence
- Gives you confidence building techniques
- Develops positive thinking
- Sets goals for the future and works on ways to achieve them
- Develops relaxation techniques to help overcome stressful situations.
Fears and Phobias
Do you have an uncontrollable fear of something which you just want to get rid of ?
- Fear of flying;
- Fear of confined spaces;
- Fear of insects;
- Fear of open spaces
- Fear of heights etc…….
Whatever your fear or phobia – Hypnotherapy can help fears and phobias which are often created in childhood. Hypnosis can help uncover the reason for your fear/phobia and help to alleviate it through making it easier to deal with your fear/phobia by helping you come to terms with it.
Relaxation techniques which prepare you with how to deal with stressful situations.
Doing Well in Exams
Are you taking GCSE’s, AE levels, University Degrees or any other important exams or tests? If you are you know it’s a stressful time. Hypnosis can help give you the strong, clear and peaceful mind necessary for success by:
- Controlling nerves and stress
- Not letting fear of failure hold you back
- Giving you the Self-motivation for study and revision
- Greatly Improving your memory
- Enabling Clear thinking in answering questions.
Remember – It’s not just about how clever you are, it’s also about your state of mind. Hypnosis can help you reach your potential.
Do you want to lose weight but lack the will power? Have you tried lots of diets without success? Are you miserable with your appearance? Do you really want to lose weight? If the answer to any of these questions is yes – Hypnosis can help by;
- Helping you to relax about weight loss, as less worry enables you to get on with it.
- Identifying the underlying reasons for your weight problem, such as Bad Habits; Childhood experience; Giving you more self-motivation and willpower to help you diet and exercise.
- Helping you see yourself in the future. Seeing yourself as you want to be can help encourage you to achieve your goals.
Fear of Flying
Many people when flying feel they are experiencing their last moments on earth before they crash. Throughout the whole flight they are extremely anxious making their flight uncomfortable and unpleasant. They are concerned by every minor turbulence and feel a lack of control. If you identify with any of these feelings, then hypnotherapy could help you. Hypnotherapy helps by:
- Making your sub-conscious mind relaxed about flying, encouraging logical thinking through relaxation techniques
Often your power alone is not enough.
Even if you really want to do something it can often be hard to get the motivation and without this it is impossible to perform as hard as you could, stopping you from achieving your goals. Hypnotherapy helps byCreating positive thinking, encouraging you to believe in yourself. Setting goals and ways to achieve them.
Passing your Driving Test
If you’re nervous and unfocused in a driving test it’s just impossible to pass. You need a clear, focused and relaxed mind to do well, and hypnotherapy can help create this. It helps through relaxation techniques encouraging clear thought through the subconscious mind.
Sleeping Problems eg Insomnia
A sleeping problem can be extremely frustrating and the more you worry about it the worst it gets. It can effect your performance during the day, creating even more of a problem. Hypnotherapy can help by:
- Uncovering the reason for this problem eg, stress, bad habit
- Teaching your subconcious mind a new routine
Giving you relaxation techniques helping you to stop thinking after a hard day, giving you a peaceful mind so you can just relax and sleep.
Before speaking in public do you feel extremely nervous, feel sick to the stomach and shaky? It can be a terrifying thing to do, worried that you’re going to make a fool of yourself in front of everyone, worried it will all go wrong.
Hypnotherapy can help by:
- Giving you techniques to keep calm and in control
- Building your confidence
- Helping you to deal with this stress in a positive way
- Going through the whole experience so you are prepared
With hypnotherapy you can speak in public with ease like you always wished you could.
Stress Management and Anxiety Management
Stress and anxiety are widespread problems in the world today. If not dealt with they can lead to depression, health problems, relationship and work problems. You need to be able to deal with it and conquer it so that you can live a happy and calm life.
Hypnotherapy can help through:
- Relaxation techniques
- Positive thinking Telling your subconscious mind to just relax
- Uncovering the reasons for stress and anxiety, understanding these
- Setting goals for the future
Migraines and Headaches
Common headaches and migraines are often tension related caused by stress. Before coming to a hypnotherapist you should have had your headaches diagnosed by a doctor so that they can be appropriately dealt with.
Hypnotherapy helps these stress-related headaches through:
- Relaxation techniques to release muscle tension.
- Telling the subconscious mind to relax.
- Uncovering the reasons for this stress and dealing with them.
Take your first steps of change call us on 01483 370123 or email us here today.